Im going to invest my life savings in a Japanese grease company.

Buy stocks in grease now!!! Apparently grease is a precious commodity. right above gold and below platinum...

I recently picked up an 08 WR450 with next to no time on it. Super clean. I was re jetting the carb when I though what the hell.. Why not pull the swing arm off and see what the bearings look like. Well I found about 1/2 of a finger tip of grease on everything....Which leads me to believe that Yamaha , Honda all of em are:

A. Running extremely low on grease in Japan...and now forced doll out grease rations or aquire grey market illicit grease.

B. Have a tragic allergic reaction to fing grease.. Only applying a1/2 a dab in a clean room one bearing at a time.

C. The Japanese government realized that snorting grease is more addictive than Bath Salts..

D. The Japanese Bearing Consortium (J.B.C.) has a strangle hold on grease import export and trying to boost their sales....

&%$#@!? why cant these companies put some G-D-FING GREASE on the bearings!!!!!!

GREASE RAGE!

P.S. this was the exact same thing I found on my CRF250x and XR650R.. IM GONNA BY THEM GREASE! FOR SHITS SAKE!

• Like 1

The EPA randomly inspects cargo holds and containers for grease, oil, gas etc, on the cargo floor.

If they find ANY, the cargo is held up, and inspected. Fines are possible too.

Japanese companies, being ultra-conservative and fearing shame at all costs, go out of their way to make sure this doesn't happen.

Their shame based culture is our burden, having to dismantle brand new bikes to grease them properly.

Get a nice Beta, and it's DRIPPING with delicious grease and lube all over the place!

The Navajo used to deliberately work some sort of small imperfection, irregularity, glitch, into their art and crafts so as to avoid making the spirits angry by making something perfect, like the the gods.

This is similar in a way. Yamaha skimps on grease so that you will, after all, have SOMETHING to complain about. That, and the throttle stop screw.

• Like 1

I had my new WR greased soon after buying it, and I'm glad I did as it was definitely not properly greased from the factory. My buddy bought a (barely) used KLX250 last summer that has 1300-odd miles on it now, and the steering started getting wonky, and sure enough, no grease to the point the head bearings were toast and needed replacing.

IMO this kind of thing simply should not happen. A buyer should not be forced to disassemble their brand new bike to grease things that should have been greased from the factory, or risk costly repairs down the road.

It's been that way in the past and will be in the future. No one knows why.

It's not a big deal for me. I have to take the bike all apart to change springs, add bark busters, radiator guards, decent skid plate, de-smog and install very loud pipe.

I'm married so I'd rather be in the garage anyway.

• Like 2

The EPA randomly inspects cargo holds and containers for grease, oil, gas etc, on the cargo floor.

Japanese companies, being ultra-conservative and fearing shame at all costs, go out of their way to make sure this doesn't happen.

Their shame based culture is our burden, having to dismantle brand new bikes to grease them properly.

Get a nice Beta, and it's DRIPPING with delicious grease and lube all over the place!

Oh sure give a real tangible reason for my anger... You know they do have dealerships here mere blocks away from my house with grease guns!!!!!

NOW its more like grease anger....until I have to take apart the front end and re-grease that..... then...... GREEASEE RAGEEEE!!!

P.S.

Beezer

"I'm married so I'd rather be in the garage anyway."

classic response....

My thought was always after the mess I make properly greasing things, they want to keep the production line as clean as possible and not make extra steps cleaning up the grease that comes out.

Or the something-to-bitch-about theory is great too.

Mike

This! Just another reason to write your reps. Which of course is too much trouble for 98.3764528% of offroad users.