Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamaha807

Yamaha 2012 450 yz

7 posts in this topic

Just want to know if anyone knows if a 50 tooth sprocket will work wit the stock chain, stock sprocket is a 48 ??????

The 50 will add 5/8" to the circumference of the sprocket. Since the chain runs over roughly half of that, that means there is 5/16" more chain contact. Since this is divided between the upper and lower runs of chain, that means the axle will need to move forward 5/32", or about 4mm.

I don't see a problem, do you?

Just want to know if anyone knows if a 50 tooth sprocket will work wit the stock chain, stock sprocket is a 48 ??????
yes it will

Thanks everybody for the help I got one other question everybody talks about reprogramming the YZ 2012 450 is plus or minus what you guys think I want to mellowed out for more Trail riding I'm just trying to get some feedback before I go purchase one if that's what's going to take

Thanks everybody for the help I got one other question everybody talks about reprogramming the YZ 2012 450 is plus or minus what you guys think I want to mellowed out for more Trail riding I'm just trying to get some feedback before I go purchase one if that's what's going to take

I run the woods map in my 2011, definitely helps. I also turned up the idle just a fraction. Even with this map you still have to ride the thing on the throttle, not surprising really considering it is a YZ. I like to ride like that anyway so no problems. If you wanted a civilised woods/trail bike the WR would have been ideal.

My gearing 13 x 51 , gives it a bit more snap out of corners.

Thanks I'm going to work on getting the programmer. Didn't want the wr cuz I do still ride track and I wanted something a lite lighter thanks again for the info any bit will help