2002 wr426 please help!

Hey guys just after some info on my 2002 wr426. It had been pulled down to fix a broken cam chain guide but in doing this a bolt for the cam caps snapped off in the head and caused a bit of damage so I have sourced a bare head from a 01 wr400 as I was told they were all the same however it had no valves etc.. ive just come from the local Yamaha dealer and they want like $600 + for the required parts however I have found a brand new oem set for less then half that but its for a 2000 yz426. Will these parts still fit my bike ? Any help would be much appreciated

Hey guys just after some info on my 2002 wr426. It had been pulled down to fix a broken cam chain guide but in doing this a bolt for the cam caps snapped off in the head and caused a bit of damage so I have sourced a bare head from a 01 wr400 as I was told they were all the same however it had no valves etc.. ive just come from the local Yamaha dealer and they want like $600 + for the required parts however I have found a brand new oem set for less then half that but its for a 2000 yz426. Will these parts still fit my bike ? Any help would be much appreciated

Only cause ya AUSSIE Mate! :aussy:

They are not the same because they are steel v's the titanium YZ426, WR426 .You may still be able to use them, however you would need to use the valve springs also.

A better option would be to buy WR400 valves and springs from HERE.

Edited by Barra8