WR400/yz426 engine cobbling

alright new guy here, dont tar and feather me if this is on here already i tried searching it out to no avail.

i currently have a 2000 y426 and have just aquired a WR400 bottom end, crank and tranny complete.

now my perfect world dream is to take the yz top end and the e-line stator off the bike and transfer it to the new WR lower. but is it really that easy? or do i have a multitude of things to change/update to make the change?

would i be better off ganking the gears out of the lower and stickign them in the existing one?

Either spin your exhaust cam on the WR one tooth or install a cam from a 05 yz450 to get the same benefit plus auto compression release and you will be 90% of what you are looking for

Either spin your exhaust cam on the WR one tooth or install a cam from a 05 yz450 to get the same benefit plus auto compression release and you will be 90% of what you are looking for

so i should be able to reuse the flywheel, cylinder and piston in the new lower?

i dont do heaps of engine work (hvac/boiler mechanic) but i do know a good amount about engines, that being said i dont want to get to a $500 hangup wit hit exploded all over the garage.

i thought i saw something about the con-rods being mismatched? if so do i have ot get a WR piston and see if the cylinder can be honed?

so i should be able to reuse the flywheel, cylinder and piston in the new lower?

i dont do heaps of engine work (hvac/boiler mechanic) but i do know a good amount about engines, that being said i dont want to get to a $500 hangup wit hit exploded all over the garage.

i thought i saw something about the con-rods being mismatched? if so do i have ot get a WR piston and see if the cylinder can be honed?

Correct...you need a 426 rod for a 426 piston in a 400 bottom end....the 426 small end and wrist pin is bigger.

You might be able to use a 450 piston with a 426 barrel on a stock 400 bottom end.