wr400f edlebrock question

Hi,

Thanks In Advance For Any Advice/Help.

Would Anyone Be Able To Give Me A Link On Where To Get The Edlebrock Carb For My 99 Wr400f? Also A Link For The Needed Throttle Cables? My Bike Mechanic Says Its Gone Be About $300 In Parts To Rebuild Stock Carb And That Seems Steep. I Figure For Not Much moreI May As Well Upgrade To Edlebrock. From What I Have Searched On Here It Seems Like A Good Way To Go But I Cant Seem To Find Info On Exactly What Edlebrock Carb I Need And Where To Get It? Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.

You are better off with an Keihin FCR carb or a Mikuni carb.

The Edlebrock is only good for about 3 years of hard riding, then they disintegrate.

Never buy a used one.

Do a search for 400 carb upgrade

Hi,

Thanks In Advance For Any Advice/Help.

Would Anyone Be Able To Give Me A Link On Where To Get The Edlebrock Carb For My 99 Wr400f? Also A Link For The Needed Throttle Cables? My Bike Mechanic Says Its Gone Be About $300 In Parts To Rebuild Stock Carb And That Seems Steep. I Figure For Not Much moreI May As Well Upgrade To Edlebrock. From What I Have Searched On Here It Seems Like A Good Way To Go But I Cant Seem To Find Info On Exactly What Edlebrock Carb I Need And Where To Get It? Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.

Hey mauimax,

I had the WR400 FCR gen 1, it is a POS and is hard to get anything right. The float level is too small, it is on a slant, hard to re-jet etc.. What I did was found a FCR Gen 2 carb from a WR426, that is much better. You can also find these on RMZ450, 2000 WR400, 2000 YZ400, YZ426 and more. Or you can use the Gen 3 carb from Yz450's, WR450, etc.

You won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

Thanks For Advice.....I Would Srill Be Intrested In Some Links If Anyone Has Any. Also Running A Carb From A Newer Wr Isnt A BAd Idea. $50 To Rebuild As Opposed To $300....

No problems, just remember that if you use the Gen 2 or Gen 3 you need to block off the pipe from the intake manifold.

Enjoy!