HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluedevilbullies101

whats interchangable yz400 and yz426 motor?

2 posts in this topic

Hello all this is my first post in TT! Ive always looked and the foru m but havent got around to signing up till now. I have a prob here I just bought a supposed motor from a guy that was suppose to be a yz426 but long story short I get it and its a yz400 but he swears it has a 426 piston and head on it but obviously 400 crank. Not only that but case was damaged during shipment so now I need to buy a new case and its not what I paid for :/ But it does have a hot cam that I want to put in my 426 to make starting easier can I swap it out?! Better question to ask would be what is not interchangable between years. Another thing how would I tell which carb come with it. It looks identicale to my 426 but no accelerator pump it is there any difference between the 2?

I just rebuilt my '99 400. I used a 426 top end. Everything from the piston up.All works great. The carb is the same on the two also. The 400/426 carb is a standard FCR and has an accelerator pump. Hope this helps.