HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koala426

2002 yamaha wr426 coolant coming out from overflow hose

6 posts in this topic

I notice I saw some coolant leaking coming out from a hose.-ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1370418314.658265.jpg

I make a adjustment on the fuel crew.- cuz was back firing a lot!!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1370418394.287106.jpg

Is this normal?

This is the coolant reservoir.-ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1370418460.588078.jpg

Thank for all the help.-

Losing a bit of coolant is normal. As long as it doesn't dump heaps. Your radiator might be slightly overfilled also.

Fuel screw will help with deceleration popping but not over-rich needle which will be a rough acceleration feeling and backfire.

The coolant coming out from the hose sometime is a couple drops, and some time is like a soup spoon.- depend how mush I ride.- temperature here in California now is +- 76-90may be is that the reason?

Thanks again.-

You may just need a new radiator cap. If you are getting fluid dumping all the time and the bike isn't boiling, then it's time for a new cap.The old one is just letting too much past.

make sure you don't fill your radiator more than a a tiny bit over the internal core otherwise there isn't enough room for normal operation.

Start when I moved the fuel screw I think.- this bike has a new extra large water pump.-ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1370494720.466656.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1370494750.338732.jpg

Replace the radiator cap! The radiator cap is the presure regulator of the system,

2000 Ford ranger 3.0L V6 radatior cap at any Auto parts store $8.00 same as $20,00 cap from Yamaha. Buy 2 ther'e Cheap