YZ450F Oil Filter Position

Did some searches and couldnt confirm one way or another, but doing my first oil change on a 2004 YZ450. It appears the filter goes in and will fit either way. The parts list shows a post on the engine side that the filter goes over. My motor doesnt have the post for whatever reason and it wasnt broken off. When I took the filter off I think the check valve went towards the cap and open end toward the motor. I was comparing the filters when i ended up droping the one that was in there and now I'm not certain. Watched one of the videos and it have the check valve toward the cap, but that was for a 2013 YZ450 not a 2004.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

From what I can tell, I have an after market oil cover which has no post. The post is on the cover of the OEM. I read the parts graph wrong. So I guess to answer my question, the check valve goes toward the engine... Argh.. sorry for the newbe question...

From what I can tell, I have an after market oil cover which has no post. The post is on the cover of the OEM. I read the parts graph wrong. So I guess to answer my question, the check valve goes toward the engine... Argh.. sorry for the newbe question...

Don't sweat it. We all end up needing help for the simplest or things one time or another in our lifetime. :lol: