HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spodeboy

Yellow Plastics.

15 posts in this topic

.....Guys I too am hanging on to my 426 for at least one more season. Seems like that's pretty common amung hardcore YZF lovers. But, I need a change. Where can I get the complete yellow plasticks and tank stuff?

Thanks a mill.

cactus-nac.jpg

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: spodeboy ]

I have the kit that Psycho426 speaks of. It looks great and I get a lot of positive feedback from other riders. The parts are high quality and the graphics are easy to apply (just redid mine last weekend). If you're still using the stock blue tank, it doesn't cover the blue completely but, it looks good with the blue frame anyway.

I've got the full yellow kit on my bike and like it. I'm also running a yellow Clarke desert tank that is almost the exact same yellow. I wear shorts with Asterisk knee braces that ride directly on the plastics so needless to say my graphics are toasted!! It looks fine without them though and I also agree that the yellow looks good with the blue frame.

Here's mine with a blue frame. The gas tank is blue under the graphics too. Since this shot was taken, my frame has been powdercoated silver and I'm running the black excel rims. Unfortunately I don't have one as it looks now. The black rims make it look alot better.danimal_00.jpg

Sorry the pic's so large.

Originally posted by Taraker:

I'm so confused, I think I ride a Husaberg

Where did you get the yellow side panels?

Here is mine w/BLACK frame.

Simple to do with a little masking tape.

Took me about an hour to tape and paint.

No engine removal/or anything else has to be removed..........just tape and mask and be kinda careful that's all.

:)

IM000187.jpg

X

IM000189.jpg

X

I get a ton of compiments on the looks and more often than not ........"I thought that was a Suzuki! " bbllaaaaaaahhh PUKE!

My Response: You actually think a Suzuki would pass you that fast?.........YOU MUST REALLY SUCK!!

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAABgWFwHduZ*kz7gpm!UsHJIhU9DA9nz4dHINnBDIr1QmRrtc43k*rweZMUPU635KqEdt3EBYzlZK2K6xN6kk*Qiflzxr4qqfwJ16s0U/finish-grand-junction(1).jpg[/ IMG]

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

DAMN I CANT GET IT TO WORK

HERE IS ONE MORE

shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6

X

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

Besides their oversized tanks, Clarke now offers a stock replacement YZF tank as well and you can get it in yellow.