HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koala426

2002 yamaha wr426.-too much oil, exhaust pipe super hot

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2002 yamaha wr426 motard, I'm trying 2 check the oil level, so I start the bike 4 like a 6 min, turned off, set a pain white bucket and rest the bike on it. Take a oil stick out to check the oil after 3 min resting in the bucket.- is a little bit over the max mark!!! What can I do? This is gonna kill my bike?? And also the exhaust pipe is hot!!! And I have a vopor installer, when I ride the bike the engine temperature is bet 132-146 F, but when is sitting goes over 240 !!!!

A little too much oil is fine, a lot is not. If its right above the full mark you should be OK.

In my experience, 426's run quite hot. My 426's header would glow after idling for a few minutes and boiled over a few times while stuck on a muddy slope, even with engine ice. If you're just sitting there idling, your bike cant cool itself because no air is being pushed through the radiator. Its like running on a treadmill in a ski suit.

And this may come as a surprise, but your exhaust is supposed to be hot.

Edited by Boerboel

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1369835248.782611.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1369835279.638940.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1369835352.282381.jpg

This is my bike and how did I check the oil the last pic the oil is set on my fat finger(when the engine is still hot after a few min) thanks a lot.-

Koala426