Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naru

Dual-Filament Taillight bulb

4 posts in this topic

I've been running with a not-entirely-legal brakelight only setup on my street-legal XR650R for a bit now, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to turn the stock taillight into a dual-filament setup. I'm running the Trick Dual Sport Kit, so the wires are there. Just need to find a bulb or socket setup that will fit in the original housing. Thanks everyone.

Four strokes only will set you up. They have all of the trick parts to make the bike "really" legal.

I took the socket from a street bike turnsignal (1152 bulb I think) and sqeezed it under the stock lens with a super bright LED tail light that draws minimal power. I got the socket from the pieces and parts I kept from the wreckage of a tip over with a street bike, but a dealer will probably cary cheap aftermarket signals from Lockhart Phillips or others. Just make sure you get a three wire socket, and that the combo will fit in under the lens. :)

Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I also called FourStrokesOnly, and they have a full lens and plug replacement for about $25. For anyone looking to do it the completely sano way, sounds like the way to go. And on a side note, they are an incredibly nice company to work with if your unsure of anything. Spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them asking questions, before I said I even wanted to order anything. Just thought I'd share. :D