They are a horrible tire. They don't grip worth shit in ANY conditions......thats why they wear like iron!

H/T's have reports of excellent tread life, which I haven't tried. I/T's, which I have, wear is roughly the same as any other tire I've tried.

Edited by PsychicVacuum
  • Like 1

Anything related to Motoz tires.

good idea. ?

They are a horrible tire. They don't grip worth shit in ANY conditions......thats why they wear like iron!

please elaborate, maybe a comparison to your DS favorites, they sure look good, thanks.

• Like 2

Not an expert like some of you out there, have had Dunlops, Maxxis and Bridgestone before and have decided to try these. My first impression was dismal at best. I went slower, was being too analytical and over thinking the whole thing. Today, aired down to 8lbs front, 10lbs back and rode the SHIT out them. I purposely picked a line up the worst wash out, over the nastiest rocks and I was going to either take these tires off Monday or keep em'. Bottom line: They held up great, traction was way better, the back especially, the front I still think has bigger knobs than needed, but I didn't pinch flat and frankly, after changing my shorts on a couple of rocking runs, am going to keep them and figure out the front.

As far as iron hard, I would disagree with that since my Maxxis Desert IT's were like metal compared to these. These actually flex a little and I think, contribute to more bite to the ground. We all ride different terrains, different climates zones and soil conditions so it's hard to say what works for one person will work for another.......point being, if you're unhappy with what you have, which I read alot here, try something different, you just might stumble onto something worth having......if not, continue the search brother.

• Like 2

One thing I really like about mine which is HUGE for me is that I don't wince and brace for impact anymore when about to hit a sharp rock. I haven't made a rim impact yet with them. Just reminded of this when signman mentioned no pinch flats.

Can't believe I forgot about that. Definitely helps me to forgive their sometimes odd qualities. I've had mine on a while and still haven't quite figured them out. But for me, odd doesn't always mean "bad." They've been very good to me so far.

Edited by PsychicVacuum
  • Like 1

I've been a pirelli MT16 guy for many many years and now I've been trying Motoz terrapactor soft terrain for the rear on my cr 250 and for my Beta 525 . This is the lighter soft sidewall tire. My friend has been using the tractionator ST for the back of his KTM 450 . This tire is a lot heavier and thicker and stiffer sidewall. For around here and the super slippery clay mud it's been as good as anything and lasts way longer.. When it's very slick the pressure goes down to 3lbs or so and up to 8 or 9 when dry.. Bottom line the tire works excellent. The front tire is awesome and sticks too . I'm running the 90/100 bigger tractionator soft terrain in front.. It lasts super long and the front end just sticks with a very aggressive tread pattern. When it's super slippery actually sometimes nothing works for certain trails so it's just a matter of degree of effectiveness sometimes. I've used S12's and those suck..ass to me but they last long. This is not the case with these. They work almost as good as the MT16's but last way longer. With the S12's the mud actually packs up on top of the tread and doesn't clear out. An important element of course to judging a tire has to do with where you live and the kind of soil you are riding on and the weather and how it changes it. original monk hates it so maybe if he's tried it it sucked where he rides. I listened to the reviews of riders from a variety of places and the reviews seemed positive enough but I just knew for where I live I just have to try it myself. I think that's what's best for anyone. Buy a tire and ride where you ride to see how it works. Here's my friends ktm rear tire and mine.. I've got to say the tires last super long and the sidewalls running super low pressure handle big time. If I was running that low on my MT16's it would have been done in a quarter the time of the Motoz. I'm sold on Motoz but I'm always open to trying other tires.. For around here the S12's suck and don't hook up for around here plus they pack up when it's muddy and not continually raining while riding. I tried the giant IRC M5B and the compound on that tire just doesn't work well for here.. huge aggressive looking tire though... The mx51's not bad but doesn't last..The pirellis just work the best but don't last as long. When you go to a local trail race here There's tons of brand new Pirellis on the back of the bikes..

You can look at my channel to see what I ride to get an idea but then you can't really" feel" how it works.. I'm a vet rider that rode and raced trail, hare n hounds, mx etc since I was 7.. took a few years of a break and came back in 2001?.. now I'm dropping..getting slower from the"A" over 40 class and slipping down in the over 50 class B....I'm sliding backwards!! My goal is to get fit enough and go back to the "A" class and start placing again...and hopefully win.. I want to get back to beating some of my old guys I raced in the 70's!!! lol.

http://www.youtube.c...rider117/videos

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

Here's another Youtube review but this guy is more of an adventure rider so take it what it's worth..

What's very clear is few have tried them. To me only those that have tried them know how they work. Everyone else is full of it. I found the same thing years ago asking about 20" front tires..a whole bunch talked a bunch on how much they sucked but never tried them.. That's weird to me but some people like to talk about stuff they haven't tried. Cross those opinions off right from the start... So years earlier I got a 20" front tire and found it's great for the trail riding around here. Now the 90/100-21's are the better way to go because of lack of choice of tires.. I run a tractionator ST (soft terrain) 21" 90-100 front tire on my Beta and it is excellent to me. Here's some views of the Motoz.

http://www.brapoffroad.com/motoz/

a couple of reviews..

http://www.enduro360...-t-tire-review/

http://www.motoz.com...motozreview.pdf

http://www.dirtbikew...eview/motoz.htm

Before deciding to buy some Motoz I asked around and no one was using them at all around here. I think I'm the first guy to order them here. People are pretty locked into their habits and don't necessarily want to experiment or try something new when it comes to tires.. It is a hundred and more for tires so I guess if you find a decent brand it's easy to stick to it. I was like that with MT16's earlier and everything else I ever tried wasn't as good.. but if you don't try something new you wont possibly find a better tire or at least a better buy.

There are also a bunch of TT Motoz threads from before.. I checked them all out earlier befor buying.. In the end.. just buy one and try it and give a review of what tire you chose and if it worked for you or not for where you ride and the weather. That's the best most realistic feedback.

• Like 2

You can see the terrapactors .. the soft sidewall light tire that is lower profile than the tractionators with the stiff thicker heavier sidewall.. Terrapactors are on my cr in back. The tractionators hook up well too as I've got a good view of watching my regular riding buddy riding with one on his ktm 450 in some slippery trails so I get a good look at what he makes and doesn't make..

This is kind of typical of what we ride but we ride fast stuff too and dry..but to me how the tire works in the wet is more important. If we can't get out of a place because the tire doesn't work well is more of a concern...just for the guys that may ride similar stuff to maybe match the model tire. For those that ride desert ..don't look at what I ride or pick an soft terrain Motoz...but that's obvious of course..

• Like 2

Here might as well list the TT Motoz search list. There's stuff already in the archives on Motoz..

http://www.thumperta...h&fromMainBar=1

I put a search for Motoz and listed it hear but it kicks off and just puts a blank search now.. so just insert Motoz I guess and get the list of threads I was trying to list here.

Hey look some of you have been talking Motoz already....easier all in one place I guess..makes sense.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1009053-motoz-tractionator-desert-ht-dot/

This has a couple of good close pics..

http://www.motosport...toz_details.htm

• Like 1