2000 vs 2001 throttle cable

If I'm running a 2001 carb on a 2000 yz426f...do I need to get different throttle cables?

If I'm running a 2001 carb on a 2000 yz426f...do I need to get different throttle cables?

No it is the same carburettor!

No, it's a four screw vs. the three screw. There are some differences so I am just double checking because when I installed it today the bike was doing some weird things.

No, it's a four screw vs. the three screw. There are some differences so I am just double checking because when I installed it today the bike was doing some weird things.

Oh sorry good find!

It looks like you will need one of these...

2001 WR250F - WR250FN STEERING HANDLE CABLE

2001 WR426F - WR426FN STEERING HANDLE CABLE

2001 YZ250F - YZ250FN STEERING HANDLE CABLE

2001 YZ426 - YZ426FN STEERING HANDLE CABLE

2001 YZ426 - YZ426FN STEERING HANDLE. CABLE

It looks like I will be needing one also but unsure what carb I have now (it is a random carb from???).

What is the difference with the ''three screws vs four'' ? Do you mean float bowl? top cover? I guess I could look it up.

Thanks mate, you may have saved me the trouble you are having :thumbsup:

Edited by Barra8

On the float bowl.

On the float bowl.

Thanks, glad your sorted I think (I know I am because I already have the carb with four screws).

Cheers!

On the float bowl.

On a second look, I think you might be telling me ''porkies''. Either that or Yamaha somehow put the wrong carb on that 2000. It should NOT have the old 3 screw carb, that is only on YZ400 and WR400 until 99, then it changed to the GEN 2 in 2000!