Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drewbabich

Maine
Maine powerlines? Is that illegal.

3 posts in this topic

So central maine power just did a wonderful job clear cutting the powerlines in southern maine. I live boardering the powerlines and it would make a great place to go for some quick laps every once in a while.

Someone cut a bushwacked trail with a pushmower on the lowest setting and they have ben riding a mountain bike on it, but I'm thinking I'll get into legal trouble with a loud dirtbike on it. I know farther north in eliot (most sourthern town in Maine) people ride snowmobiles on the power lines.

I'm not sure if thats legal either though.

Anybody have any experience or advice on riding on the central maine power lines?

Edited by drewbabich

Are there signs posted? Here in IL the local power company has signs posted no motorized vehicles but people still ride anyway

Rob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Agitator
      10/17/08 UPDATE! I posted more photos on page 2. Not all pictures are on page 1. I will constantly be adding more photos as I go along.
      Many of you have heard of my starting/idle problems with the 610. Carburetion has been ruled-out time and time again. I sensed something else was going on. The engine has never wanted to idle down, sounded like there was a load on it even in neutral. Since I had metal filings in my oil when I first got it, I have now decided to overhaul it and make everything ship-shape. It turns out that I was correct- there is some valve damage that I will talk about later.
      I don't like to take apart dirty engines and get the dirt inside 'em

A little gross.

My cleaning station:

A little better now

Clutch removal:

after removing springs

bottom of pressure plate

everything looked decent as far as wear

after removing plates

basket after removing hub

Area after removing basket.

Removing the starter gear with snap ring pliers

More to come. I'm uploading pictures of the case splitting, etc...
      I'll try to ease off on the photo-over-obsession. The next batch of info/photos will be a little more interesting.
      Comments and suggestions are appreciated. I'm already ordering parts from George so before I know it, I'll be just waiting on new parts (after a little more cleaning.
    • By 05yzf250
      Any maine riders?
    • By shot983
      Hi , I may be moving out to maine from california and was wondering what riding was like out there? i see theres a few tracks out there that are open in the summer months but what about when its snowing is there any indoor tracks close by within a few hours of portland? I heard of mototown thats about 3 hours i think from portland.. thankss for any info
    • By michey
      Going up to Lagrange, Maine for Father's Day weekend with wife and friends and bringing quads and dirt bikes. Doing this sinstead of Laconia due to same old scenery in NH year after year. I have been researching lodging between Lagrange and Moosehead or Lagrange and Katahdan Mountain, and yeas I know did not spell it correctly, without success. Does anyone know of a lodge for a one night stay with a lounge? We wouold like a decent meal and cold beer upon our arrival and a good nights rest before heading back to Lagrange. willing to ride up to 3 hours. Anybody????
    • By jmg343
      Anyone from the area or ever ride up there? My wife is from Millbridge and he folks still live up there. I think we're heading up that way for 4 or 5 days in April. From what I gather the trail systems get the majority of use from ATVs and sleds in the winter. But, they seem like they could be a real good time. Well over 100 miles of trail and you can access all different towns, general stores, and gas stations. Let me know if your in the area or know anything about the area (regulations, rules, registration requirements, etc.).
      Thanks
      Jake