"Da List": DR-Z400 Popular Parts List

Erik Marquez

Yes it is back again, a link that takes you to some of the most popular parts for the DR-Z400 series motorcycle. ?

Here's the link: https://shop.thumpertalk.com/suzuki.html

The ThumperTalk Store offers more than 8 million parts, but if you don't see what you're looking for, Contact the store folks and ask. There is a good chance they'll have it in my experience.

There are lots of good places to shop, but not a bad idea to support the folks that bring us this fine forum. ?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Replacement Clutch and Brake lever set for $18 shipped.  The set I received and installed on my SM were black just like the pic and shorter than the silver stock levers.  I snapped my stock clutch lever low-ending my bike in a grassy yield behind my house.  It was a very simple and straight forward installation, no drilling required the spring hole already exists on the brake lever. I replaced the good brake lever with for the sake of color consistency.  I enjoy using these shorter levers a lot more anyhow now that I have them. Great deal and bang for your buck using these if you need a lever change compared to OEM part that is 10x more expensive and more destructable than one would hope.

Pivot Brake/Clutch Lever For Suzuki DRZ400S 2000-2020 DRZ400SM DRZ400E US STOCK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273798241385

20200425_212955.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, Decker D said:

Replacement Clutch and Brake lever set for $18 shipped.  The set I received and installed on my SM were black just like the pic and shorter than the silver stock levers.  I snapped my stock clutch lever low-ending my bike in a grassy yield behind my house.  It was a very simple and straight forward installation, no drilling required the spring hole already exists on the brake lever. I replaced the good brake lever with for the sake of color consistency.  I enjoy using these shorter levers a lot more anyhow now that I have them. Great deal and bang for your buck using these if you need a lever change compared to OEM part that is 10x more expensive and more destructable than one would hope.

Pivot Brake/Clutch Lever For Suzuki DRZ400S 2000-2020 DRZ400SM DRZ400E US STOCK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273798241385

20200425_212955.jpg

A word of caution on these types of levers.The pivot pin should be loctited as these are notorious for backing out and falling off.No replacement parts are available for these cheapy knock offs so if the pivot bolt falls out you are out of luck and stranded and stuck having to buy a whole new lever set just to get the hardware.

• Helpful 3

9 hours ago, bumtarder said:

A word of caution on these types of levers.The pivot pin should be loctited as these are notorious for backing out and falling off.No replacement parts are available for these cheapy knock offs so if the pivot bolt falls out you are out of luck and stranded and stuck having to buy a whole new lever set just to get the hardware.

Chinese and "knock-off" or not, yes I'd agree that construction and assembly of all parts should be checked during installation and at intervals, but so far I must say this set is holding up very solidly and interject that I personally feel the chances of my snapping a brand new oem replacement lever in the same type of low-side grass slide is much greater a probability than said pivot-pin's phantom vibrational backing out... Those allen headed pins are very solid on arrival? dont need disassembly for install but I surely checked tightness and will keep an eye on em. The stock levers can reach the ground with the bike on its side whereas these do not.

6 minutes ago, ptgarcia said:

Chinese garbage has no home on my bike.

I'd be surprised if absolutely zero aspect of the stock contruction was Chinese, especially w how easily that non-forged stock lever snapped instead of bending. 

how racist w become amid a "chinese virus" pandemic.  You must be a trump supporter too, get on w that and I'll do the same w my views ?

Edited by Decker D
double.negative
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 3

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, MindBlower said:

Bet it does.  Honda's been making motors in China for decades.  All the small motors are from there.  There is cheap Chinese goods and there are decent Chinese goods. 

Lucky for me I don't ride a Honda. :D 

I won't willingly purchase an f'ing thing from China. Certain things are out of my control and at times I'll have no other choice, but when an alternative is available I opt for it.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, ptgarcia said:

Lucky for me I don't ride a Honda. :D 

I won't willingly purchase an f'ing thing from China. Certain things are out of my control and at times I'll have no other choice, but when an alternative is available I opt for it.

Honda was just an example.   I doubt you can buy a bike that doesn't have chinese parts in it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 5:50 PM, JoeBlow Kokomo said:

Honda was just an example.   I doubt you can buy a bike that doesn't have chinese parts in it. 

Hello Homie! Glad to meet another DRZ man! I'm from Lafayette and yeap, of course I've been to Kokomo and you've been to Laugh-a-Lot/or a Little Lately I hear. Might want to ask the guy abourt "Made in China" (not that I'm a China man, by ANY means.) but the very phone or computer he is using to type this is likely "Made in China" along with everything from Wal-Mart, lol. Happy Trails:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2013 at 5:46 AM, Erik Marquez said:

Yes it is back again, a link that takes you to some of the most popular parts for the DR-Z400 series motorcycle. ?

Here's the link: https://shop.thumpertalk.com/suzuki.html

The ThumperTalk Store offers more than 8 million parts, but if you don't see what you're looking for, Contact the store folks and ask. There is a good chance they'll have it in my experience.

There are lots of good places to shop, but not a bad idea to support the folks that bring us this fine forum. ?

Thanks for the link. Just ordered a tail light kit for my new SM. The stock tail light is FUGLY...