WR426 Piston Rod

During a recent desert ride, the rod on my 2001 WR426 broke and put a hole in my crankcase. Needless to say, my bike now needs a lot of work. I am not mechanically inclined enough to do the work myself, but I would like to upgrade the internal parts when I have the motor rebuilt to try and avoid this from happening again in the future. I am looking for sugesstions from anyone who might know if there are any aftermarket rod manufacturers who make a rod for this bike that is stronger than a stock Yamaha rod. Also if you have any suggestions for pistons, bearings, clutches, etc. I am going to completely have the motor re-done, and I am hoping to make it more reliable than a stock engine.

I am not very competent at navigating these on-line discussion forums, if it is possible for you to email your suggestions to me at tony@aeri.com, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Tony

Carrillo should have a rod for your bike. J&E and Wiseco I believe both make pistons for your bike, now is a good chance to go 2mm over for a 444. Hinson makes some good billet clutch parts: clutch backet, inner hub, and pressure plate.

http://www.carrilloind.com/

http://www.hinsonracing.com/

Carrillo does NOT make a rod for the 426. They said there is no way to get their rod to physically fit in the cases. I would say the best way to defend against a broken rod is to replace your crank/rod. But how often? :)

Falicon makes a rod that will work in the 426.

Ask them to install a stroker cr-f rod onto your crank.

It is .060" longer than the 426 rod so you will have to shim your deck height with base gaskets.

The Falicon rod is also bushed on the small end with an Ampco 45 bushing.

Falicon makes a rod that will work in the 426.

Ask them to install a stroker cr-f rod onto your crank.

It is .060" longer than the 426 rod so you will have to shim your deck height with base gaskets.

The Falicon rod is also bushed on the small end with an Ampco 45 bushing.

Good info., so the Falicon rod has the standard 426 piston pin size also?

Also, is the YFZ Quad rod stronger and will it fit? I know the piston pin is larger.

standard small end bore for the 426=cr-f

same same