Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quietoscar

2007 Dual Sport Kit

10 posts in this topic

I am installing a dual sport kit and have to remove the cover to get to the stater so that it can be modified. I have removed all the bolts that I can find but still can get it off. I was told that there is a magnet inside thats holding it but I cant seem to get it loose. Please help..what am I missing?

The magnets on the flywheel 'pull' the stator cover on somewhat.

You opened the little cover and remove the starter gears, right?

Notice little cover #14 and the screw that is inside, #13?

12882_crankcasecover1.gif

Yep..got the little cover open, removed the starter gears and the screw inside, I think there were 3 others that I took out? Just cant get it to budge

Actually it was 7 other screws around the cover...2 from the starter gear cover and the 1 inside the gear cover

Thank you..I will try and look for them..I removed 7 screws around the outside, two on the cover and the one inside for a total of 10, just cant budge it. Does the magnet wire need to be disconnected as well?

Do you have the manual? There is a sticky on this forum that has the manual in a PDF form that you can download to your computer desktop. Comes in real handy. That's what I did even though I also have the hard copy.

It's under the "Performance Index" sticky above.

Edited by kenshaw720

Thank you..I do have the manual and thought I had everything disconnected properly but maybe not. I will look again.

Success!! Thank you for your help!

Which one were you "missing"? A helpful reminder. When you put back your stator, make sure to tuck the wires back behind the bracket. From what I hear :devil: if you don't, about 6 months later, somewhere deep within the Kennedy Meadows trail system, the flywheel can eventually rub through the wires :banghead: and your bike will cough, sputter and stop running. :cry: