Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETP

Best Fitting WR450 Skid Plate

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice on aftermarket skid plates for my WR450. Which ones provide the best protection, mount easily, and do not interfere with oil change bolt access?

Any advice would be great.

I don't know about best fit but I had the one from Utah Cycle Sports on my WR400 and now I have one of theirs on my WR450.It offers real good case protection and It has a drain hole in the bottom so you can change the oil without removal but I always do anyway just to remove trapped junk from between the engine and the skid plate. Also to clean it, as the breather hose on the left side oozes spooge onto the skidplate. They advertise in both Dirt Bike & Dirt Rider. Hope this helps.

Jim

fbc82d5c.jpg

The Devol guard is perfect for me.. It's cheap, it fits perfect, it's light,it uses the stock mounting holes with no heavy clamps and offers great protection.... A total winner... :)

I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR THE PLATE DAN HAS AND CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. JUST THE PLANE ONES ANY HELP DAN THANKS :)

Devol has a website, or I believe Parts Unlimited is the distributor for them. And the GYT-r plate is made by Devol, i'm guessing, because it looks identical...

Should be able to order one from any dealer or independent.