9200 miles on my WR

Well last year I did not get a chance to ride.  This year I am hoping that will change!  

The OEM parts were replaced with Pro X pistons and valves.  I am wondering if maybe jetting would need to be changed because of this?  Maybe a different dome on the piston or some change in the valves?    

My thoughts, when cold the bike starts easily with just choke.  It still becomes difficult to start at times (not all the time).  I have typically run with a silent insert in the stock exhaust to make it friendly around town.  When I put this in the bike runs like crap, remove it and it pulls hard (not as good as it did before the rebuild).  My thought is that with changes from OEM to the Pro X I may need to lean it back out a bit.  Anyone have a Pro X set up running at 1500'?  Jetting?

Check the normal culprits, plastic hot start nut for a crack, seal, replace the pilot jet, set the fuel screw. Pro X parts should make no difference.

So tonight I decide to take it for a quick ride before I really dig into it again.  I fire up the bike and get a mile down the road and it falls on it's face instantly!  Got back to the garage and pulled the silent insert only to find half is now gone.  Pulled the pipe and put my FMF Pipe and mid pipe on and no change.  Could pieces make there way back into the motor?  

So tonight I decide to take it for a quick ride before I really dig into it again.  I fire up the bike and get a mile down the road and it falls on it's face instantly!  Got back to the garage and pulled the silent insert only to find half is now gone.  Pulled the pipe and put my FMF Pipe and mid pipe on and no change.  Could pieces make there way back into the motor?  

I don't so. Anything I've ever had that went poof on the pipe went road side. Look elsewhere.

OK, I am back on the troubleshooting and trying to get this piece running again.  Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2003 and 2005 WR450 wire harness.  They have a different part number.  

OK, I am back on the troubleshooting and trying to get this piece running again.  Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2003 and 2005 WR450 wire harness.  They have a different part number.  

2003 has a provision for headlight switch that the 2005 does not.   The 2005 relocated the voltage regulator to the steering stem and one of the plugs for the stator is different.

2003 has a provision for headlight switch that the 2005 does not.   The 2005 relocated the voltage regulator to the steering stem and one of the plugs for the stator is different.

Thanks for the info!  Anybody stumbles across a wire harness for a 2003 at a steal let me know!