HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob_o

1989 xr600r question

3 posts in this topic

I found a 1989xr600r locally that a guy is selling. He says it only has 200 miles on it and is like new. How are they to ride? I currently have a 2000 yz426 but would like to get something to dual sport. I have ridden xr650r(s) both factory stock and uncorked. What would the comparison be? What would the value of this bike be if it is as said? Thanks for any feedback!!!

I would have a hard time believing it only had 200 miles on it. You should be able to tell if it has been ridden a lot though. I bought an 89 xr600 5 years ago and it had been ragged out. It turned into a money pit so I sold it. I don't know how they are on the street. I guess if you could get it cheap and it looked to be in good shape it would be all right. I just bought a xr650 and if feels quite a bit faster than the old 600 did and I haven't uncorked it yet.

All my friends that own or have owned XR600's say the XR650R rides far better on the road.

The 89XR6 has a funky exhaust too, which makes it hard to find replacement parts if the need or want arises.