HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FASTFRANK

White Bros. R-4 slip-on Questions????

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I must say I think that the best money I have ever spent or charged (ha ha) is on my 01' 426. I am pondering on buying the r-4 slip-on vs. just keeping the bike stock. My bike absolutely ripps (5th gear wheelies downhill), just wondering if anyone has this slipon with the stock headpipe and have left jetting stock. I have posted a similiar topic on this muffler but would just like a little more info before I drop the $175. How about sound increase or power gains. As far as I am concerned the louder the better. I would prefer to just install it and leave everything else stock. any info is greatly appreciated,

Thanks!! :):D Any cheaper anywhere than $175.00

Live to ride....Ride to Live!!

Hey Frank,

Where did you find it for $175? The best I've found is $239!!!!

Later,

Odie

Odie,

Actually that might be a little cheap, I can get it for about $190 through Parts Unlimited (about 10 dollars over cost). That is through my local parts shop not a dealer. I work for a BMW dealer and can get parts for cost plus 25% so it is still alot better than your or my local bike shop charges. Just can't decide if I need to spend the extra dough for this pipe it already has that kick ass sound!!

Yeah - my bike does sound pretty tough. At least I thought so until my friend mounted a R4 slip-on on his 01'426. Holy Sh!t - that thing sounded baaaad assssss! Yes, it got louder but I ride MX and don't care. I rode it and with stock jetting, it pulled like a bitch. It seemed to be a midrage and up pipe. I am definitely going to get one but I gotta wait till after X-Mas.

Later,

Odie