Carb tutorial coming

after that trailer, I cannot wait for the feature. Got my popcorn machine ready to go. If I sell tickets, do you want a percentage of the box office ?

LOL Trust me, it's not going to be that good. You know how trailers are, they put the best stuff in it, doctor it up to look exciting, then you go watch the movie and think "I paid money to see THAT"?

The stock carb is so simple, I quickly ran out of things to showcase. In the interest of keeping it relatively short, I didn't go into the most basic stuff, like how to remove a jet. For most of you, it won't be anything you don't know, but for self-professed non-mechanically inclined folks and those that just bought an XR, it should help.

I look forward to hearing your critiques and ideas about what I could have touched on or done better. .....................Er.. Wait, I need to remember who I'm talking to here. Ok, nix my last.

LOL, Trailryder42, I made the mistake of watching the Trailer AFTER watching the actual video. As educational as the video is ........... the Trailer is "Award Winning" in its entertainment value!

GREAT JOB!

For some reason I couldn't see the trailer earlier. That is totally cool! lol

In the manual where you measure the float level inline with the main jet was easily missed, so I figured others were struggling with that as well. Your video makes it easier to understand.

• 1 month later...

Trailryder, I used your video while working to resurrect an XR4. Neede to have 5 bikes ready for an extended family ride yesterday. Made it with last minute help from brothers. Thank you!

Now if I had found something similar in a video for a FCR on a Suzuki DRZ400, I might have had more time to wrench and less time trying to figure out the names and functions of 6 different jets.......! I did finally get this back together and functioning well.

Many thanks for taking the time and putting your knowledge and experience into this video. It made my recent carb overhaul far less painful than it would have been without your help. My xr has had to sit for about 6 mos, and was getting hard to start, and stumbling. Followed your video, cleaned everything, re-assembled, started cold on first kick for the first time since I've had it. ?

Haven't been on in a while and just saw this. Another big thanks from me TR ? Mine has been way overdue for a thorough cleaning, so I watched the video a second time and had at it. Ruined the throttle cable bracket bolt, but was able to take it off with a pair of pliers once off the bike. Replaced it with an allen bolt (I'm a mountain biker also, so have tons of spare metric allen bolts around). I had replaced the float bowl bolts long ago.

All told it was a relatively easy job. The most difficult, and time consuming, part was extracting it from the bike and re-installing. Runs like a champ ?

Picture taken after adjusting the float level. The slosh baffle is hidden under the shop towel near the slide. Took me a few minutes of cursing to find it.

XR400%2520carb%2520-%2520resized.jpg