Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kcin

05 WR450 fork swap

6 posts in this topic

I have an 05 WR450 that I would like to put 06 YZ450 forks on. Besides the extra ears on the WR forks for the odometer gear is there any difference between the two years? Are they both 48mm at the triple tree?

Thanks

If the spacing between the mounts for the front caliper are the same, then the forks you have will bolt right up just like stock, but will be 1mm off center of the caliper/pad gap, which is livable...

Your YZ forks should have a fully recessed top cap, anodized bronze.

Edited by Krannie

Would it just be better to just get an 06 YZ triple and put it on my 05 WR for the 06 YZ forks ? Should take care of the spacer problem correct.

Would it just be better to just get an 06 YZ triple and put it on my 05 WR for the 06 YZ forks ? Should take care of the spacer problem correct.

No, it fits the same.

The '07 YZ has the new 'smaller' caliper, and the same wheel offset issue.

I have an 05 WR450 that I would like to put 06 YZ450 forks on. Besides the extra ears on the WR forks for the odometer gear is there any difference between the two years? Are they both 48mm at the triple tree?

Thanks

I think the 05 WR's have the smaller diameter forks. If they do than you need either 06+ WR clamps or YZ clamps.