HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peter10

Off timing? (see picture)

25 posts in this topic

the engine sometimes very hard to turn over,no Auto Decompression,and feels locked up after stalling.

When the engine cold everzthing gettingbackto normal until the engine warm up and stalls again.

DSC_2598.jpg

Assuming the crank is right on tdc I'd say you are off a tooth.

on the intake cam or ex cam?

Looks like both to me. I could be wrong but it looks that way

but if is timing off itshouldnt start at all.it starts when cold and stalls when hot :/

This would explain the hard starting but not the stalling issue. Just so we are on the same page.

This would explain the hard starting but not the stalling issue. Just so we are on the same page.

Its only hard to start when hot.When the engine cold it turns over normal.

Ok well your timing won't change when hot or cold. Up until this happened did it run good without any of these issues?

What I'm getting at is I think you have another problem. I'm thinking its the piston seizing when it gets warm. Just my opinion.

Ok well your timing won't change when hot or cold. Up until this happened did it run good without any of these issues?

It was running fine before until i changed the oil.After 20minutes hard ride the bike is stalls.Tried to kick start but the engine wont turn over,however after 3minutess the engine started again and ride again for 2minutes and it stalls again,but soon as the engine cold the bike running fine until the engine warmup, and everything starts again.i just dont know wthat to do. im on low budget right now, cant take it to shop at the moment. :(

there is a thread in the common threads at top of the page (stickies) that talks about no auto decomp sometimes.

Not trying to insult your abilities but you didn't put the oil filter in backwards did you?

unbolted the oil gallery bolt and checked for oil perssure and it was right,however the oi filter can go only oneway in.

You guys had better take another look at the exhaust cam. It's 180 degrees backward.

It was running perfectly before this issue.

Doesn't change anything, the exhaust cam is completely flipped over. The intake cam uses the "I" mark to line up with the rear of the head, and the exhaust cam uses the "E" mark at the front of the head. Cam's out of time as far as it can get.

1 person likes this

Just had to turn the engine over one revolution, you were checking the cams on the wrong stroke.