Trunk Racking on an XR650?

Is there anyone out there with a Hard shell trunk on the back of their XR? Is there any way to do this in a cost effective manner? I've also been warned by a local mechanic that the XR frame could be in danger with the weld points being pinched by the already heavy rear end (battery, exhaust, big ass.)

Anyone know a good place online to get the trunk/luggage rack. Looking for something that can be easily removed to handle both a commute and mudding.

Thanks in advance

I made a rack out of aluminum flat and angle stock. It cost around $20. It's very sturdy. I must admit, it came out pretty good, I have gotten some nice comments. But I wouldn't put a lot of weight on it, as I have heard of people breaking welds on the sub frame of the XRL. JC-Whitney sells a universal trunk for arund $50. A lot of guys have put them on their KLR650's. As a matter of fact, I might get one to place on my rack. :)XRL Rack

Wow that's a fantastic job! Did you have to do any welding? Where did you find these aluminum strips? Can you get them at a hardware store? If you can provide your process on how you did this that would be great. Nice job man

Wow that's a fantastic job! Did you have to do any welding? Where did you find these aluminum strips? Can you get them at a hardware store? If you can provide your process on how you did this that would be great. Nice job man

Thanks :D Yeah, it's made with regular ole 3/4" aluminum stock I got from Home Depot. I believe it is 1/8" thick. It is sturdy, carried two brake rotors on it once. It's bolted together with 6/32 machine screws. It has five mounting points. I also used 00 steel wool to give it that brushed aluminum look. :D If you like, I can email you some more pics at different angles to get a better idea. It really is very easy to make. :)