HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fdme

WR or YZ VIN?

2 posts in this topic

I bought a wr400 2000 model a while back. I have it registered on my insurance now since it is street legal and while looking at my account summary after I entered the vin it pops up as a yz426f 2000

My question is there any way to look at the vin and find out whether its a yz or wr? It has a mixture of yz and wr parts on it as it stands... I know the tenth digit determines the year (indeed a 2000), but I dont know what any of the other digits mean? The tranny feels as tall as my friends xr400 and it has a headlight so Im pretty positive its a wr but would like to know for sure.

My title says wr400 as well. One last question, is it normal for the vin to mention some stuff about canadian importing etc? The vin area has a maple leaf and mentions some stuff about Canada lol. Im down in arizona so I dont know if this is normal when they are imported over.

Edited by fdme

Go to this site HERE..... type in your vin and search. Voila! tells you what it is.

Example: My bike

1999 YAMAHA WR400F

VIN:

JYACH04W8XA008362

Check sum validation failed

World region:

Asia

Manufactured in:

Japan

Year:

Make:

Yamaha