HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN_Kevin

replacement CDI, any suggestions?

4 posts in this topic

Hey Fellas,

I am looking to POSSIBLY swap out my CDI, I think mine may be bad.

I see the Vortex being used, but does anyone have anything on FMF 's AOF ignition? They are on sale @ www.fmfracing.com for ~$220.00, normally $500.00.

Since I went to YZ timing (exhaust valve), I was wondering if I should go w/ the YZ400 ignition or the WR ignition? I e-mailed FMF Tech twice w/ zero response. Any ideas on this matter as well?

Thanks Guys!!

Kevin

BTW, I DID race MX for many years, AMA Dist 23 (MN) 'A' Class - 250/Open, AMA Dist 6 (Eastern PA)'A' Class - Veteran and Ocala, FL once. I had to quit because I was beating the crap out of my knees!

There has been much discussion about cdi's and what not here on TT. I posted a question last week about how our area Yamaha rep wants to swap my cdi for a yz400 one that he had kicking around. I'm not sure if that's a good idea (are they the same from year to year?).

My bike (bk mod included) runs incredible for sometimes 2 - 4 rides but the very next ride it will not fire up. All it needs is a new plug and it lights up first kick. Other than the ten plugs I've used up, this bike runs incredible.

Is there a difference between a yz400 & 426 cdi?

I emailed FMF about a pipe end cap and it took two separate emails and about 2 weeks after I sent the second one for them to respond. Then I got two separate emails from them!! It's like they don't even know who's been talking to who. I've heard that people who call get quicker answers to their questions.