HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
exaresix

650L vs. xr600 tank interchangeability?

7 posts in this topic

I think the XR650L will fit an XR600. If I remember right the XR650L has a bigger hump to clear so the tank has a wider opening. You can't use a 600 tank on a 650. :)

Thanks. The reason I'm asking, is that I was considering making my XR600 into a supermotard street bike, and you can't really keep a decal on a plastic tank. I was wondering about the bolt-up situation, it looks like a different mounting system for the L?

NO . The tanks are not interchangeable.The front mount on the "l" mounts to studs and rubber bushings on the frame backbone.On the "R" it bolts on at the lower front portion of the tank.We tried it in May(?)when my buddy and i ran his 650L in the six-hour event at GlenHelen.We ended up running a stock steel tank. :)