Click and Vote

We are ahead 54% to 46%

*** BLUERIBBON ALERT *** BLUERIBBON ALERT *** BLUERIBBON ALERT ***

Dear Subscriber:

CNN is running an online poll asking “Do you think snowmobiling should be banned in Yellowstone National Park.” The story that accompanies this poll is written with a subtle bias against snowmobiles. Even if you are not a snowmobiler, please get involved and put in your vote on this important precedent setting issue!

The poll is at http://www.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/04/24/snowmobileban.ap/index.html?s=8

Please vote as soon as possible. These online polls are often short lived, and they usually get pulled too soon (especially when the numbers turn around in OUR favor).

Thanks for your involvement!

*** END ALERT *** END ALERT *** END ALERT *** END ALERT ***

[This message has been edited by John in Long Beach (edited 04-26-2001).]

Done-56% no to 44% yes.

done

Done.

Done

Done

Done. Now @ 58% No and 42% Yes.

Done......Now 59/42

Done,72% to 28%

Done

Done! 73 to 27%.

Do you think snowmobiles should be banned in national parks?

Yes 27% 2549 votes

No 73% 6784 votes

Total: 9333 votes

there you go :)

done.

Still 73% to 27%

------------------

I think public opinion means a lot. It is also my guess (most would say obvious) that the media is probably very liberal, and prone to being politically correct.

So, to see our efforts pay off like this is great. Blue Ribbon for those of you that may not know, is a coalition of all parties that want to keep access to public lands open.

Clearly it was not "our" web site (if you don't mind me using this term Bryan) alone that made this huge difference. But by Blue Ribbon getting the word out to all the concerned groups, we collectively changed public opinion.

The vote started out about 50/50 and clearly was swayed to a majority, in our favor.

Very impressive. This type of feed back to the media, will certainly affect the type, or way, in which a story about public access to lands will be portrayed.

Good job guys.