How to change Shock Clevis?

I'm assuming this needs to be done in order to restore your rear ride height due to the later model shock on the earlier chassis. If so, you could also swap out the linkage for the later version to match the longer clevis. This may be a better option if your current linkage is in need of servicing.

It will be easier to change the knuckle than the clevis. I've got an 03 & 07 & noticed the swingarm was the same but the linkage appears to be different. I put 07 suspension on my 03 but didn't notice the difference on the shock clevis & linkage till after it was installed.

That is correct and i do have the newer linkage but i noticed the arms are the same length, the knuckle is different.

The knuckle and the arms will have a number/letter code cast into them, these need to match.

I agree about changing the linkage to match.

However, if you really need to remove the clevis:

1. Completely depressurize the shock, better yet disassemble it completely since its going to leak oil if you don't and it will need to be bled either way.
  2. Once the shock is apart, clamp the clevis in a soft-jaw vice.
  3. Back the rebound adjuster out all the way.
  4. Loosen the lock nut
  5. Remove shaft
  6. Replace old clevis with new in vice.
  7. Thread shaft fully into new clevis then tighten lock nut.

I can't recall if thread locker is used or not. Probably best to use Loctite 262, but don't let it get into the rebound adjuster.