cutting seat foam??

Trimming the GF's XR seat and wondering about good way to cut foam. While waiting for freinds at a KTM dealer in Silver City, NM, read an article in a dirt rag about using a specific hacksaw blade for cutting the foam. Any suggestions?

I havnt tried it myself yet but have been told by a couple friends that a electric kichen knife works very good.

The best thing for cutting foam is the electric kitchen knife that you can get a K-Mart for around 10 bucks. Just fire that dawg up and start carving like Thanksgiving day! You can use it for turkey afterwards. I have cut tons of foam for camera cases with one of these and it is the way to go for sure. The only thing better is a foam cutting knife that you can get a specialty craft stores but it cost lots more.

Good Luck.

I've always used a serrated kitchen knife but I'd bet the

'lectric would work better. Use 50 grit to sand it down to

a consistent finish once you've cut it out...

Merf

They mentioned the electric knife also. I'll see how much it costs. Thing is I'll probably never use it again and thought a hacksaw blake would come in handy when I was done with the seat.

The best thing for cutting foam is the electric kitchen knife that you can get a K-Mart for around 10 bucks. Just fire that dawg up and start carving like Thanksgiving day! You can use it for turkey afterwards. I have cut tons of foam for camera cases with one of these and it is the way to go for sure. The only thing better is a foam cutting knife that you can get a specialty craft stores but it cost lots more.

Good Luck.

Use 50 grit to sand it down to

a consistent finish once you've cut it out...

Merf

Yep, did the same and it works well.

The $10 electric B&D knife from walmart cuts a really smooth line in the soft XR foam. I used an 18 tooth hacksaw blade to take off the top one inch. It's a 1997 so the foam is a bit bittle. Thanks for the help.