insurance money surplus...scotts steering damper or hot cams?

i got about $1000 extra on an insurance claim, can't make up my mind if i want to put it towards power or better handling. which one of these mods will make the most noticeable difference? this is for a 2001 S model that is used 99% for street use.

+1 what Ron said......street use will see more benefits with a cam. If you were a dirt rider I'd highly recommend the Scotts, I got one recently and really like how it performs at speed on a gravel or dirt road.

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 1

i got about $1000 extra on an insurance claim, can't make up my mind if i want to put it towards power or better handling. which one of these mods will make the most noticeable difference? this is for a 2001 S model that is used 99% for street use.

You going to butter and eggs tomorrow ?

Since you already have an fcr, you aren't far away $ wise from getting a big bore kit, cams and an mrd with $1k.

was thinking maybe big bore. not comfortable doing it myself tho, how much does eddie charge for that when you ship him the engine?

You going to butter and eggs tomorrow ?

didnt realize that is tomorrow, i will probably go later on when my woman gets off work.

Get the cams and look around for some forks from an E or a 2002 or later S and then have them sprung and valved for your riding style.

does the 2001 model E have better forks than the 2001 S? because another idea i have been rolling around in my head is to pick up this 2001 E that i think i can get for $1200 and use it as a parts bike. it has hot cams and FCR. only thing that busted on my bike in the crash was the radiator, so i could take use the radiator off the E and not have to buy a new one.

does the 2001 model E have better forks than the 2001 S? because another idea i have been rolling around in my head is to pick up this 2001 E that i think i can get for $1200 and use it as a parts bike. it has hot cams and FCR. only thing that busted on my bike in the crash was the radiator, so i could take use the radiator off the E and not have to buy a new one.

It is my understanding the E's all had the better forks but the S didn't get them until 2002. Hopefully someone that knows for sure can answer that question.