HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ericus

What is this coming from the breather hose?

4 posts in this topic

https://dl.dropboxus...0422_161751.jpg

What is that? I noticed it today, the bike's been standing still for a couple of days. It feels oily.

I've seen this once before, but then it was white (condensation + oil as I understand). This time it MAY have been white and then the water might have evaporated, not sure.

Should I be worried?

Edited by ericus

https://dl.dropboxus...0422_161751.jpg

What is that? I noticed it today, the bike's been standing still for a couple of days. It feels oily.

I've seen this once before, but then it was white (condensation + oil as I understand). This time it MAY have been white and then the water might have evaporated, not sure.

Should I be worried?

Been riding in water or a wet trail/track lately? Just a bit of water emulsified with engine oil from the breather, I personally wouldn't be stressing about it. If it was me I would remove the breather pipe, clean it out internally and reinstall .

1 person likes this

Been riding in water or a wet trail/track lately? Just a bit of water emulsified with engine oil from the breather, I personally wouldn't be stressing about it. If it was me I would remove the breather pipe, clean it out internally and reinstall .

I've been riding in snow. Okay, that's what I hoped it was! The oil in the engine looks perfectly healthy, so I doubt that it's coolant mixed.