HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN_Kevin

Blue or Gold Rims... Vote please!

45 posts in this topic

Blue<font color="navy"> rims would look very tacky on a 426 unless you also had the <font color="orange">orange<font color="navy"> plastic kit. <font color="gold">Gold<font color="navy"> rims on the other hand would look excellent on a stock 426. :)

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: teamtoxic ]

Im with teamtoxic...gold rims with blue plastic, blue or gold rims with orange plastic. Theres a guy at my local track with a yz250/gold rims...It looks really cool..stands out from the rest. Also, I think I saw excel rims at hipersports for $95.00...all colors I did!!! click here: http://www.hi-persports.com/cgi-win/wc.dll?HS~SHOWITEM~11209~11~T

Mike

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: flyinguitars ]

What color rims looks best on any bike is a matter of personal taste. I've seen both blue and gold on 426's and lean toward the gold because blue rims are just TOO much blue for me.

A good friend of mine just argued with me about which color Excel rim looks the best.

As I realize this is sorta childish please give me your "personal opinion" to the best color rim you like. I'm curious to see what you guys say.

I personally like the Gold Excel rims on the 426's.

If you have a pics don't hesitate to post it.

Thanx

Curtis

While it might not be a matter of life or death, most riders DO care about their bike's appearance. So yeah, a lot of people give a ****.

Originally posted by Boit:

While it might not be a matter of life or death, most riders DO care about their bike's appearance. So yeah, a lot of people give a ****.

I totally agree Boit.

Gold will look much better than Blue!

I think the gold rims deliver a smoother ride and the blue rims give more distance on jumps. No one would change their rims just because of color -would they?

I've heard that sky blue rims with pink stripes are good for enduros, because they allow for better time keeping. :)

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: holeshot ]

Originally posted by Kirtwell:

A good friend of mine just argued with me about which color Excel rim looks the best.

As I realize this is sorta childish please give me your "personal opinion" to the best color rim you like. I'm curious to see what you guys say.

I personally like the Gold Excel rims on the 426's.

If you have a pics don't hesitate to post it.

Thanx

Curtis