hawaiidirtrider

Post your Beta video here..

1,424 posts in this topic

Thought I posted this but looks like I didn't.

3 people like this

Still lots of snow in North Idaho. Made it 5 miles up Strong Creek (Idaho trail #444) before we had to turn back.
Lightning Creek and it's tributaries are overflowing. Lightning Creek road has been washed out in many places since 2008. You can see bridge remnants at some of the crossings. Very casual ride with great scenery but still very fun. Love my bike!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

just saw this come in from one of my subs..  hmm extreme race !!:ride:

This looks interesting! I'd love to race this!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 person likes this

Trying to get a track at my house. It's just a start but not a lot to work with here in Kansas. At some point a trials bike may be in the plans. Seems like a trials area would be more doable. 

track at my house. It's just a start but not a lot to work with here in Kansas. At some point a trials bike may be in the plans. Seems like a trials area would be more doable. 

2 people like this

Ok I actually went racing today.. It was looking questionable as my knee has been hurtin for a few weeks.. maybe riding fixes that.. but I did buy a better knee support too .. anyway I had fun today.. didn't ride especially fast ..but didn't fall or get hurt and met some nice people and had a blast.. I got 3rd in the 55 and over class.. I would have gotten higher but I was dumb and rode a wrong section.. had to go back and backtrack.. meanwhile some that I passed.. passed back....no biggee..part of the fun.. great thing is my Beta worked good and I didn't get hurt.. well with my Beta.. my rear brake faded and went away in the third race when getting hot.. but that's my fault. I should have changed the braje fluid . It's way overdue.. I haven't changed it in a long while.. I know better.. but. .. still I had a blast . Had an interesting format.. 3 different loops as motos.. and a 4th moto that had all the loops in it.. each loop is around a half hour or so.. and then you get points accordingly. 

112. I am 224. Lol
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, BassMan said:

112. I am 224. Lol

July 2nd got a trail race again at Kahuku. That would be part of the series of july 4th group of races.. mx etc.... I'm in pain now with back and muscle and head ache for a bunch of days.. I'm pounding lots of pain relief stuff.. but I'll line up if I can.. My Hawaii Motorsports number on my card is 112 but this coming race I'll be running my old race number from the late 70's and 80's for the race.. 17  .. when I was fast and fit enough to use such a number.. I can live a little in the past right :smirk:

I like this vid that just came out.. it's what sort of terrain I ride..but I don't ride it great as this guy.. but the bike still is straight up excellent though.

1 person likes this

224 is my tribute to Ronnie James Dio. Right hand, left hand and both hands which was his grandmother's evil eye sign, wrongly, called the devil horns.

July 2nd got a trail race again at Kahuku. That would be part of the series of july 4th group of races.. mx etc.... I'm in pain now with back and muscle and head ache for a bunch of days.. I'm pounding lots of pain relief stuff.. but I'll line up if I can.. My Hawaii Motorsports number on my card is 112 but this coming race I'll be running my old race number from the late 70's and 80's for the race.. 17  .. when I was fast and fit enough to use such a number.. I can live a little in the past right :smirk:
I like this vid that just came out.. it's what sort of terrain I ride..but I don't ride it great as this guy.. but the bike still is straight up excellent though.

You wers running good and that looked like a fun flowing course.
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, BassMan said:

224 is my tribute to Ronnie James Dio. Right hand, left hand and both hands which was his grandmother's evil eye sign, wrongly, called the devil horns.

You wers running good and that looked like a fun flowing course.

Yea it was fun.. but I'm in horrible shape.. I'm in pain alot...am right now.. neck, back , muscle..headaches right now even....This next race won't be any different.. I'll be out of shape from how I should be and just lining up anyway..and hopefully I'll be working toward getting in better shape a little each day.. I'm hurting but that's just how it goes..actually I'm still partially hurting from this race shown..and I don't think it was very hard at all it was kind of easy and flowing actually.. I'm just not in decent riding shape.. It's a longer road being out of shape and older.. there's no escaping pain it seems..:facepalm::ride:  ..but I'll be in more pain after this July2nd race coming.. I'm signing up in the B open class and the 3 hr A harder technical course... better than the B,C 2 hr easier course.. but if I'm going to pay for a ride I want the most riding time for my money.. plus I'll get to ride the more interesting course.. I figure I'm going to be in pain but that's ok.. maybe I wont.. but I'll line up and see how I do.

2 people like this

Be careful, a buddy just snapped, not fractured, his femur today. Just got out of surgery. Gotta be safe.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, BassMan said:

Be careful, a buddy just snapped, not fractured, his femur today. Just got out of surgery. Gotta be safe.

Yea .. I kind of held back on the start on the vid I showed..The Beta is good too.. just put it in 3rd and it hooks up good and moves... I would have probably got a decent holeshot too.. but I was worried about guys cleaning me out in the first turn from behind and backed off. It's better to have a nice day riding than falling or getting hurt. I'm worried that if I get hurt bad I might not be able to come back to riding.. a femur fracture is bad.. I don't want to have anything to do with any of that.. I purposely ride in cruise mode the whole race.. no pushing it to the edge at all .. I just ride a good clip that I can comfortably ride for an extended period of time.  That day was perfect.. got a Tshirt.. had a nice ride.. I diced with some riders in the back.. didn't fall.. made friends.. bike worked good.. the day was beautiful...... perfect  . I even got 3rd.. I didn't even care about that so much.. it was nice and all.. but dicing back and forth was fun.. You can see in this vid.. I had fun.. lots of action.. There was this young high school girl passing me....actually another one did too!!! I'm humbled by little girls passing me!!! ..and I guess I passed her back but I don't remember.. I don't know but in the back there was some fun!!! lots of action..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, OscarFox said:

Good crash in this one:

Nice! what kind of camera? looks good! great course!

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Nice! what kind of camera? looks good! great course!

Garmin Virb XE. It has all that tracking data normally but I turn it off to increase battery life. 

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, OscarFox said:

Good crash in this one:

Sounds like you are having a blast on that 2-stroke.   Poor 350...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Silver Mountain XC 2017. From a spectators point of view.

To view the race you have to take a 3.1 Mile Gondola ride to the top. Longest Gondola in North America.

This was a great race to watch even my wife had fun.

We saw a few Beta's and got one in the video.

Just like most videos, it is steeper then it looks.

"Stix & Stones Silver Mountain XC Two days of hard enduro motorcycle racing on a specially built mountain course! Racers pit themselves against each other and some of the roughest mountain in North Idaho. Spectators can ride the chairlifts right over the action and watch these athletes cover some amazingly difficult terrain!"

Edited by FUHL
1 person likes this