Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeOK

shortened stock muffler?

11 posts in this topic

I remember about a year ago someone posting here that they had cut down the stock muffler, if I remember right it was 2" shorter than stock. Have any of you done this? I'm thinking about getting a WB R4 for my '00 but I thought I might try doing this first and see how it goes...

My buddy cut his down almost three inches. He said it increased low and mid power. Top end was no different. It was obviously louder.

Ernie

The Canadian version has a conical endcap with pop rivets.

<ul type="square">[*]How will I go about doing that on my Canadian model?[*]Is there a rule of thumb on how much to cut off?[*]Are there any dangers in cutting it too short?

I wouldn't mind for even more bottom and mid powershocked.gif

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Psycho426 ]

Remember this is not a 2-stroke. On 4 stroke motors, if you decrease the back pressure you increase top end and loose low end.

I would think by cutting the silencer you would increase top end and loose bottom end. Just run open header and see what happpen. :)

Later,

Forloop,

What you say makes sense. I never got to ride my friends bike after he cut his muffler so I could not compare stock to the cut version. I think he might have inhaled to many fumes from the leaded race fuel!!

Ernie

YOU GUYS NEED TO COME TO BELOW SEA LEVEL AND RIDE YOUR BIKE YOU WOULD NOT F...WITH A THING. THE BIKE IS WINNING BIG PRAISE NOT CAUSE SOMEONE TOOK A HACK SAW TO IT!!

"THE WHEEL IS ROUND", MAYBE IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY

00ZX11

MOUNTAINBIKE

THUMB

YOU GUYS NEED TO COME TO BELOW SEA LEVEL AND RIDE YOUR BIKE YOU WOULD NOT F...WITH A THING. THE BIKE IS WINNING BIG PRAISE NOT CAUSE SOMEONE TOOK A HACK SAW TO IT!!

"THE WHEEL IS ROUND", MAYBE IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY

00ZX11

MOUNTAINBIKE

THUMB

My WB e-series shorty boosted low-mid range on my YZ timed WR. Top end was unaffected, it revved through the high end very quickly before with a stock YZ pipe and after the E-series. 12 disks, diffuser cap w/ tapered header (used tapered header before the e-series, too)