HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buchta179

2003 YZ450F Valve cover hoses

2 posts in this topic

I tore down my 450 to install new faction mx valves. Everything went well and I have put everything back together, the only problem is im missing a hose! I have the larger Breather hose, but I'm missing the smaller one. i know the larger one is an oil overflow in case the bike is laid on its side, but I don't remember what the smaller one is or what it is called, please help me!

The smaller one is the air pressure balance hose for the oil system. It runs from the cam cover to the frame at the left side of the steering head to equalize the pressure in the oil tank with the crankcase air pressure. Just a piece of oil proof vacuum hose will work. Clamp it on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Massconspiracy
      Hi. I have a honda 2006 crf250r rolling frame with no engine. I want to purchase a reconditioned engine off ebay but i want to confirm first with year model engines will bolt streoght into a 2006 frame. I have searched the internet for answers but i always find different answers
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Meet the key members that make the Monster Energy Kawasaki team a well-oiled Supercross machine.

• By Zachhanus2
      Hey guys I was wondering what bike I should get I havnt rode since I was in 7th grade but I had a kx 85 so I was experienced with riding I could pin the bike on tracks so I'm not completely new to riding now I'm 6,2 190 I was contemplating what bike to get, should I go with a yz 125 or should I go with a yzf450, I would never sell the 450 prob have it forever thank you tell me your opinions plz!!
    • By YZ465 SMOKER
      I'm finally getting the chance to go to the dunes in Oregon and cant decide weather I should run a 8 or 10 paddle tire on the back of my 81 YZ465 2stroke. Suggestions? Pros and cons for each? Thanks!