Yz 450 engine knock?

I was looking around on it today and noticed a hole in the front of my engine? What could have blown through it????

I was looking around on it today and noticed a hole in the front of my engine? What could have blown through it????

We could speculate all day, in fact it looks like everyone has been guessing at answers for all your questions... but you still haven't done anything about it except ask more questions. If you take it apart or get someone else to take it apart, most of your questions will be answered. I'm just saying that it's about time for you to take some action.

The last time I saw this happen with a bike that was just purchased. I did $1700 worth of work to it. New owner took failed crank cylinder piston head along with all the other wear items and threw it through the previous owners window. Go to a Yamaha dealer pay to get it diagnosed and torn down. see what your looking at and make a decision. I'd be on the phone with the guy u bought it from. Drop it off right at his doorstep and wash your hands of it