Anyone running the Rekluse EXP system?

There is heaps and heap and heaps of threads on this already which you can search for.

However, I think the Core EXP is the one that allows you to continue to use your clutch like you're used to but also get a bike that is impossible to stall...

Think I might run this set up in my bike to reduce arm fatigue clutching the piss out of my YZ 250. Any of you guys running this? What are your thoughts on this product???

Try working on technique....after riding 450 thumpers for the past 8 years, I can say you shouldn't need that much clutch on a yz250. I started riding a two stroke last year and was amazed how little clutch I need to use on my yz250 as compared to my yz450f

I read you can still use the clutch on this but it's a stiffer pull. Now I understand how you set it up and exactly how it works. I probably should have read the 5 million other threads before I posted a new one. I think I will like this set up, I'll buy it and try it out. If I don't like it I can allways send it back!

Try working on technique....after riding 450 thumpers for the past 8 years, I can say you shouldn't need that much clutch on a yz250. I started riding a two stroke last year and was amazed how little clutch I need to use on my yz250 as compared to my yz450f

You use the clutch less on 250 2 smoker than on a 450? What world do you live in?

Edited by MXpro787

I've been really working at riding the 250 more like a thumper so I don't get as tired.

I agree I been on 4 strokes since 2005. I have a 450 now and a 250 2 stroke. A flywheel weight helped a lot with reducing fatigue on the smoker but still have to finess the clutch a lot to keep momentum up around corners on mx tracks. That gives me major arm pump during long motos. I think the rekluse will help a ton.

My rebuttal on this...

If you stall on a steep hill, you don't have the clutch there to hold the bike still. This can be a big issue if you can't hold the rear brake on.

Shouldnt stall on a steep hill, if his "good" holds true...

The bike won't stall and even if you drop it it will normally run until you pick it up.

If it is set up properly, and your BIKE is set up properly, it should in theory never stall. Therefore stalling on a hill shouldnt ever be a problem in the first place. But if your bike is jetted poorly, or otherwise stalls due to faults in the motor itself, then the rekluse cant help that.

I dont have an exp, i have a zstart pro. And I will say that should it stall, its probably a bad set up on my part, or as i am having an issue right now with weird bog on my low end which is causing my bike to cut out entirely...not a low rpm stall the rekluse didnt catch. But you can't bump start the zstart, i dont know much else about the exp. I also know I can still use my clutch with the zstart (ie on a start), it just feels different (pull wise).

I agree I been on 4 strokes since 2005. I have a 450 now and a 250 2 stroke. A flywheel weight helped a lot with reducing fatigue on the smoker but still have to finess the clutch a lot to keep momentum up around corners on mx tracks. That gives me major arm pump during long motos. I think the rekluse will help a ton.

Ok...how will the recluse help? It doesn't have an auto-finess function. Haha.

I had to go back to the old school 2- finger clutch technique and try to reduce using it overall. Line choice and rolling the throttle on helps save energy.

I am going to try the heavy gytr flywheel next.

Rekluse will allow cornering at a higher gear less clutch finess and no stalling. $400 upgrade to keep me competitive against these younger kids in the 250A class sounds like a win win situation to me.

The flywheel weight helps a ton but the heavier ones rob top end pull. I recommend installing one that's less than 9oz if ur riding mx tracks...

Well the z start is the best set up they have but the $800+ price tag is more than I would like to spend. But this system is extremely durable and has a lighter clutch pull. Install and set up on this can be tricky as it needs to be gapped perfectly. The bearings sit in grooves and are more shallow on the outside of the plate, so when the assembly spins the bearings are pressed outward and that presses the clutch plates together engaging the clutch.

The EXP installs in your stock clutch basket. It costs around $400. Down fall with this set up is if your creeping around letting the clutch slip a lot at low speeds it will wear out your clutch plates quick and it has a tighter clutch pull. They both work in a similar fashion but are way different. With the exp you don't run freeplay you keep the pressure plate pushed out, when you hit a higher rpm the wedges transition and expand the clutch pack to the pressure plate engaging the clutch assembly...