HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowxr

New jetting with UNI filter?

3 posts in this topic

Bike is uncorked and running good.

All things being equal, if I remove the stock airfilter and replace it with a UNI will I need to go up in jetting? And if so, just the main?

if I remove the stock airfilter and replace it with a UNI will I need to go up in jetting?

Probably not. It really kind of depends on your current jetting and your riding location (altitude & temperature). If your bike is already running a bit lean, then you'd probably want to fatten it up a bit (maybe go up 1 size on the main), but most bikes I've seen are already running plenty rich and the addition of a Uni Filter usually doesn't require any changes. Don't chuck your stock filter cause it's a good filter and comes in handy as a spare :)

What kind of jetting specs do you currently have? Is your side panel cut out? What kind of exhaust do you have? What altitude and temperature are you mostly riding at?

I just did the recommended uncorking mod's as far as jetting goes. I drilled out the stock muffler tip with a 2 inch hole saw. Other then that, it's stock. I usually ride between 4-6K feet w/air temp 50-70 degrees.