Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdgeR6

Picking up my 13 wr450f

11 posts in this topic

Can't wait for the weekend. What are some of the first things you all recommond I do. I sold my R1 and R6 just last month. I have tard rims from my 04 wr450 I beleive they are the same ( I hope) I'm excited. This will be my first ever new dirt bike. However I have had plenty. Hondas and Yamaha.

take it apart and grease everything.

bark busters and skid plate before you even start it.

Edited by n16ht5

Throttle stop, airbox, ECU & pipe for sure. The bike is rideable stock (well at least the throttle stop removed) but it's oh so much better uncorked. if you're going to tard it out, you'll definitely want it fully uncorked. After that, armor it up and ride!

so imtrying to decide between pc5 and gytr tunner , race ecm I have seen some people saying both gytr and pc5 but is.that.nessicary.can u use the race ecm with pc5.

also is grey wire mod on these new bike also.

so imtrying to decide between pc5 and gytr tunner , race ecm I have seen some people saying both gytr and pc5 but is.that.nessicary.can u use the race ecm with pc5.

The grey wire mod on these bikes is the comp ecu so no.

Thanks guys. Took the bike out for its first ride Yesterday, My shoulders are sore lol. The bike is a blast to ride. Very smooth and very stable, did not realize how much better a new bike is compared to the older bikes. I have had 89XR2250 04WR450F, currently have a 04wr250 needs bottom end. I have rode all of those bikes on the same trails I was just on, and this bike is so much nicer I found I didn't need to put my foot down and the bike just goes where you point it. The steering is probably my only complete in fast whoops and stuff its a bit loose.

1 person likes this

I too just picked up my new 12 wr450... what a blast! moved up from my 04 wr250. I was told that there is not throttle stop and no mods needed to stock airbox like the previous versions. They were out of the GYTR tuner but was told by the owner to come back after breaking it in and any upgrades from the GYTR catalog he will give them to me at his cost! Already started my list!!

The PC5 will only address FI, and not Ignition curves, so it has no real benefit other than F/A mixture adjustment.

I too just picked up my new 12 wr450... what a blast! moved up from my 04 wr250. I was told that there is not throttle stop and no mods needed to stock airbox like the previous versions. They were out of the GYTR tuner but was told by the owner to come back after breaking it in and any upgrades from the GYTR catalog he will give them to me at his cost! Already started my list!!

There is definitely still a throttle stop thingy stock! Also the airbox does need to be opened up if you put an aftermarket exhaust etc on. The good news is it's just a few screws and the snorkel pulls right out.

FWIW the GYTR tuner was on backorder for about a month or so before I got mine. The comp ECU I got right away, however. You should be able to have your dealer install a map on the comp ECU until such time as you get your own.