WR400 replacement carb option?

Hi all, First post here. I have a 1998 WR400 I have owned since new. I am now having alot of carb problems. I am on my third new slde (old ones cracked). The usual bad gas cloged jet stuff.

I am ready to junk the carb and get a new one. It looks like they are big bucks ,but cheaper than a new bike.

What is the best replacement carb and who do I get it from?

thanks,Dan

Hi all, First post here. I have a 1998 WR400 I have owned since new. I am now having alot of carb problems. I am on my third new slde (old ones cracked). The usual bad gas cloged jet stuff.

I am ready to junk the carb and get a new one. It looks like they are big bucks ,but cheaper than a new bike.

What is the best replacement carb and who do I get it from?

thanks,Dan

I used the YZ carb, pretty sure it's the same as the 426. Either will work fine though, just re-jet with your jets.

Thanks for the help. I am checking on a new replacement.

I got tired of the same problems that you mention and finally put on an Edelbrock carb. Never been happier. So simple to set up and never any plugged jets. Only problem I've had is a sticky needle jet once in a while and a knock on the side of the float bowl usually takes care of that. Good bye to FCR forever.

Is edelbrock still making motorcycle carbs ?

I'm in the process of top end rebuild and carb swap on my 99' WR400. The 426 carb will work and has the hot start already on the carb. Once you plug off the hot start intake on the 400 head you are good to go.

I'm in the process of top end rebuild and carb swap on my 99' WR400. The 426 carb will work and has the hot start already on the carb. Once you plug off the hot start intake on the 400 head you are good to go.

Yep, sure is good to go and better than the old SH%T one. Heaps better to get the float level right!

Negative- have to take the coil pack off when removing the throttle cables (which is easy).

The YZ426f is the same as well.

All in all it is an 100% improvement :thumbsup: