How to lower bike.

I have a 2012 YZ450F and I'm 5'8. I can ride the bike fine but it would be nice if I could lower the bike a few inches. Are there any mods that I can do without spending $$$.

A few inches? Without spending money?

No.

Call the guys at race tech. They will point you in the right direction.

Weird! I was just looking into this for my 2010. I don't mind how tall the bike is but after sitting on my buddies 300 xcw it'd be nice to have it a little lower!

Don't take this the wrong way but I am 5 foot 5 and my bike is lowered a few inches

And it's perfect for me

But it's expensive to lower the suspension

I just bought a yz 426. I am 5 foot 4 inches. I have not done any mods to it yet but can tell you experience with my cr250. Take the seat to an upholstery guy and have him shave a few inches off the seat. I will do this with my 426 soon. The difference it made on my 250 was amazing and it cost less then 50 dollars. You could also set the sag.

only thing you can do for free is shave your seat.

moving the forks up in the tress can get you a little bit lower (will mess with geometry)

if you have 200 bucks you can get a lowering link that will take it down 3in

if you have more cash go get your front springs shortned and suspension re done.

on a side note being 5*8 on a 450 you should be ok, might have to get use to riding a 450 relying more on power and less on your feet.

Edited by ekulb14

I just recently bought a 2011 yz450f. I'm 5'6 and 120lbs. Adjust the rear sag according to your weight. It did the trick for me. Now I can tip toe both feet. I bought a spanner wrench for like $20 at my local dirtbike shop and it took me like 30 min to set it myself.