Anyone saw The Place Beyond the Pines

Have you seen this movie ? Looks really good, too bad they used the sound of a two stroke for a DRZ !

What's with film makers , they can't ever put the right sound for a motorcycle !

Edited by firsthumper
  • Like 2

Saw it, it's ok. Not a waste of time and $, but could have been better. Now for the even worse news, they don't put a 2 stroke soundtrack on the drz. Yes his bike in the movie is a drz.........but in every off road and cage scene it is a 2 stroke honda that has mods to make it look like the drz, they were just lazy with the sounds or didn't think anyone would notice. They had the modded honda on display for the opening at the arclight in hollywood

I highly doubt they need to license anything to use a DRZ in the movie.

Suzuki would be chomping at the bit to have their bike featured in a movie, as would any other manufacturer. In fact, most companies pay to have their vehicles featured in a movie.

I would guess it has more to do with capability and presentation. Director probably thought the 2 stroke sound was more emblematic of a dirt bike and they used the Honda in the stunt scenes because it preformed the better.

I highly doubt they need to license anything to use a DRZ in the movie.

Suzuki would be chomping at the bit to have their bike featured in a movie, as would any other manufacturer. In fact, most companies pay to have their vehicles featured in a movie.

I would guess it has more to do with capability and presentation. Director probably thought the 2 stroke sound was more emblematic of a dirt bike and they used the Honda in the stunt scenes because it preformed the better.

Yeah I am sure they changed the sound...logo..tanks ect...to make it more theatrical. lol

Most movies..they hide brands for legal reasons. ...they change or make logos or machine more unrecognizable. That goes with any product...unless they have permission or wish to risk trademark royalties.

gr-4.jpg

morley.jpg

Dapper-Dan.jpg

S-Mart.jpg

moobys-restaurant.jpg

Edited by KlownPunch