lets see the best looking 2010-2013 yzf

Used the decal works spray. The back fender piece and the exhaust number plate are tough. The upper piece for the shroud toward the front had to be stretched a little to get it to line up correctly.

Atleast this is what I was told. I gave a dude $60, the bike and the graphics for three hours and bam, I was done. Haha. Best $60 I ever spent. This guy does a lot of graphic installs and also has a 10 YZ. He said after putting mine on he was only going to do backgrounds on his. Said it was a pain, but he did a great job. I am sure he will never do another one for that price.

Shewwwww! i dread doing mine then. i guess I will just have to take my time.

I cant believe the rear fender would have been that hard. They are usually pretty easy like the front number plate. Its usually like you said the shrouds and the side panels that are a pain .

I hate you all

I cant believe the rear fender would have been that hard. They are usually pretty easy like the front number plate. Its usually like you said the shrouds and the side panels that are a pain .

He told me the rear fender was the hardest part of the kit. He did say he would do the rear fender dry if he did one again.

Great looking bikes!! I want one so bad!!

Just get some application fluid and use the hell out of it (more than you think you need)...The stickers are easy to place and maneuver when really wet (and getting it really wet with application fluid doesn't affect the adhesive at all)... You can even use a blow dryer to stretch and morph the sticker for sharp bends and difficult spots, as long as you keep spraying more fluid (not letting the blow dryer dry it but just heat it to make it pliable)...Then just squeegee the fluid from center out when you get it placed perfectly...The fluid bubbles squeegee out easily, but air bubbles suck, so the wetter the better...:banghead:

He told me the rear fender was the hardest part of the kit. He did say he would do the rear fender dry if he did one again.

Yea the rear fender is a pain! I did mine dry but it does take alot longer and you CAN NOT be in a hurry. The exhaust side number plate was no treat either. Use alot of heat that is the trick!

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=82437
Yea the rear fender is a pain! I did mine dry but it does take alot longer and you CAN NOT be in a hurry. The exhaust side number plate was no treat either. Use alot of heat that is the trick!

And what about application fluid?

I did the whole kit without fluid! It takes longer but I think it sticks better and looks better too!!! Just my opinion.

I did the whole kit without fluid! It takes longer but I think it sticks better and looks better too!!! Just my opinion.

Trying to put graphics on dry is a big PITA...The application fluid does nothing to affect the adhesive (some even say on the bottle that it improves adhesion, although I've never noticed that claim)...Why would it look better dry, if you get zero bubbles using fluid?

BTW, If you get plastics and graphics from DeCalmx.com they mount the graphics professionally for free...

Trying to put graphics on dry is a big PITA...The application fluid does nothing to affect the adhesive (some even say on the bottle that it improves adhesion, although I've never noticed that claim)...Why would it look better dry, if you get zero bubbles using fluid?

BTW, If you get plastics and graphics from DeCalmx.com they mount the graphics professionally for free...

But you have to pay shipping and handling to send your plastics to them. Plus it may take a week or two before you get them back.

You have to buy new plastic

:ride:

:lol:

looks real slick :ride: What method did you use to apply them? and what was the difficulty?

dry, won't do it again with this bike. I will probly order them pre done from factory fx. this was the worst exhaust side number plate I've had to do.

Couldnt let this thread die and looking at IT's bike never gets old...

ts-vms-yamaha-600x450.jpg

Even in stock form I just go into the garage and stare...:ride:

IMG_2635.jpg

mx1.jpg

Now that is a great looking bike ^^^

Makes me like all black bikes all over again...Haven't for around 10 years!