HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carlcox89

Swingarm chain rub

10 posts in this topic

I started the conversion of my wr to sm but faced some problems

20130328_195859_zps97c5f242.jpg

II am worried about the chain...as you can see it will rub and damage the swingarm.

My transmission is 14/41, going one or two tooths wont make significant difference.

What can i do to prevent this???

May be because the angle i took the picture is not the best... but even if i sit on the bike and have someone looking at the chain it doesnt do a straight line, causing serious "pressure" on the swingarm that will cause chain slider wearing very fast and affecting the swingarm for sure.

I dont think going up one tooth front and 3 rear will make such difference :/

Edited by Carlcox89

May be because the angle i took the picture is not the best... but even if i sit on the bike and have someone looking at the chain it doesnt do a straight line, causing serious "pressure" on the swingarm that will cause chain slider wearing very fast and affecting the swingarm for sure.

I dont think going up one tooth front and 3 rear will make such difference :/

No, that won't matter at all.

Once you sit on the bike, the chain will be straighter, and , if you look at KX450's and several other bikes, they are way worse than this stock.

The TM and the Malcom Smith rub strips will last you two years for more.

Krannie, previously i was running rear rider sag of ~95mm, how much rider sag do you think is good for street/road normal usage (no jumps, no extreme riding) ?

i've already set rear shock absorver low compression to stiffer (maximum), tomorrow will set rebound to stiffer also. The only thing i dont know is the ideal rider sag (i weight about 75kg and have the stock spring)

Race sag should be 95-100mm with 25mm of static sag, IMHO.

You have to measure both.

If you provide less sag, you will have quicker steering, which you probably don't want for the street.

why in the world are you running 14/41????

16T CS sprocket~! make sure you mod your case saver properly to fit it or mill out a new one. 16/48 puts me at 5000rpm at 60mph with a knobby.. not sure what a slick would run at

1 person likes this

why in the world are you running 14/41????

16T CS sprocket~! make sure you mod your case saver properly to fit it or mill out a new one. 16/48 puts me at 5000rpm at 60mph with a knobby.. not sure what a slick would run at

I dont need to do a lot of highway, so 14/41 is acceptable for me... maybe going to 15, but everyone i see has 14 or 15 / 40,41,42,44

I dont need to do a lot of highway, so 14/41 is acceptable for me... maybe going to 15, but everyone i see has 14 or 15 / 40,41,42,44

....but if you don't do a lot of highway, 15/50-51 should be fine. 55mph at 5000 rpm.