HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tford713

Should I buy it?

14 posts in this topic

It's a 05 wr450 looks clean guy said have recipts for all new stainless steel valves. I asked why new valves he said one was warped so I asked if he did a piston and he said no the shop said everything looks great just needs a valve. We said they up the stainless valves cuz they last longer? Does it sound good or should I pass an jeep looking?

Valves dont "warp" they get bent from overreving and general abuse. Run Forrest, run!

That's what I was thinking. And no new piston or rings no new timing chain.he just changed the valves? Ill keep looking. I found a nice 08 for $4000 obo going to check it out.

Found a CLEAN low hour wr250f for $3000 it has all of the free mods done with a fmf exhaust. Going to look at it this weekend.

Keep in mind the 450 is a whole different beast

Keep in mind the 450 is a whole different beast

I have a yz426f right now. Don't think the 450 would be that big of a jump if any.

I have a yz426f right now. Don't think the 450 would be that big of a jump if any.

Right, but above you said you were going to look at a WR250, nor WR450. Quite a jump from a 250 to 450, and quite a jump from a 426 to a 250.

Not a bad thing, just different.

Mike

Keep looking around deals are out there.

I bought 2 wr's in the last 6 months. First one was a 2005 that was pretty much brand new with only 1 hour on it. I paid $2,900 for that one and ended up parting it out because I found a brand new 07 for $4,000 out the door. It worked out great because I ended up keeping the wheels from the 05 so I could have a spare set for the 07.

In california "at least where I'm at" I've noticed it's the green sticker that makes these bikes more expensive! If you don't ride track or sand dunes it's hard not to ride for 5or 6 months cuz of a color on a sticker?! Just my observation.

It's a 05 wr450 looks clean guy said have recipts for all new stainless steel valves. I asked why new valves he said one was warped so I asked if he did a piston and he said no the shop said everything looks great just needs a valve. We said they up the stainless valves cuz they last longer? Does it sound good or should I pass an jeep looking?

I had an 05 wr450 for 7 years. Its damn near bullet proof. Trust me, I tested it real good. This sounds so wrong on so many levels.

As far as a wr250, why would you go to that bike from a yz426 ? Its a huge drop in power. Is that what you want? Less???

I had an 05 wr450 for 7 years. Its damn near bullet proof. Trust me, I tested it real good. This sounds so wrong on so many levels.

As far as a wr250, why would you go to that bike from a yz426 ? Its a huge drop in power. Is that what you want? Less???

Not even looking at that wr450 anymore. As far as going from my 2001 yz426 to a 2008 wr250f yes I know I will loose power but a low hour great shape 7 year newer bike with a aluminum frame & electric start can't hurt that bad. I know the power will be "different" but I think with good mods & set up to my liking I will have more than enough power for what i need and still be reliable. I will just have to ride it a little differently than my 426 to get where I'm going. Keeping the yz426 as a back up / loaner bike if I'm not happy I can ride the 426 and sell the wr250f but I doubt it will come to that.