2010 YZ450F Exhaust

I live in Michigan and ride woods. I need to find a new exhaust with a Spark Arrestor to be legal. I was looking at FMF and had my eyes on the Q4 series. I was wondering if anyone has this exhaust and what they think of it? I dont want to lose to much hp or low end and sound i would like to keep around 96db.

Edited by kiessel24

I bought my bike with the FMF 4.1 and I love it, however I am new to the 450mx world so my take it for what it's worth. Mine is the entire kit. I have no idea what the db rating is, it's loud as hell when your on it but just running through the single tracks this weekend it was not to loud at all.

Does it have the spark arrestor in it?

Yes I bought it seperate last week when I realized it did not have one. This is not strange however this bike was a race bike before I bought it. The spark arrestor was 29.95

I also like the pipe becuase of the color it's got a cool blue/purple anodized look. I'll see if I can find it and link it for you.

may not achieve those db's your looking for. My exsperience with quite pipes is lack of performance. But thats from my old bikes and im 37 so this new fangled crap is all new to me ;)

may not achieve those db's your looking for. My exsperience with quite pipes is lack of performance. But thats from my old bikes and im 37 so this new fangled crap is all new to me ;)

Okay thanks, thats what i was worried about was lack of performance. Would you say the pipe with spark arrestor in it is louder or around 96db?

Edited by kiessel24

I have no idea friend. My friend that rode behind me said it was loud..lol

Okay lol. I think ill try out the Q4 and see how it does. It says it should lower the db to around 93. Thanks