HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PismoRat

600 oil pump problems

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had their oil pump pressure relief valve go bad on them? My 600's top end burned up, I just replaced it all, then out of curiosity disconnected the oil feed line to the top end after starting it, and no oil came out!! I took the pump apart and found a seal in the relief valve that was blocking the hole; anyone else experience this or know how to prevent it?? Thanks. :)

That's one I've never heard of, but I'll look at mine if I ever have any reason or suspicion to do so. Thanks for sharing.

Well, the problem is still unknown, but i suspect it was the seal blocking the check valve in the oil pump that didn't allow the pressure to build up to send it to the top end. I ended up replacing all the dowl pins, o-rings, and seals ($12) and now it sends loads of oil to the top end and quieted the engine noises a bit, suspecting me to believe it has been going out for the last 1000 or so miles :) Now all is fine, ride on! :D