06 yz450f Bent white plastic fin radiator guard need opinionI

Hi there ok, So i just got an 06 yz450f and I layed it down once and it slightly bent the oem white fin plastic radiator guard.. Im posting a picture of it, it hasnt been bent that bad Im wondering if its still ridable and is not going to block my airflow, ive talked to several peoiple and they say its perfectly fine I just want another opinion. I attached a picture below, Thanks for your help, Ken.

2013-03-23_15-52-28_658.jpg

Edited by Kennethyz450f

well it would be my opinion that if you laid it down and the plastic is bent I would have a few concerns... 1st, if its only the plastic you should be fine, fix it with careful use of a heat gun for cosmetic preference... 2. a guy I used to know 'laid my bike down' and crushed the right side of the radiator itself... I would look at the mounts, if they're bent it'll warp the plastic... easy way to see this is take the plastic fins off and see how the bolt holes line up without flexing the plastic...and then theres the radiator fins themselves to determine the severity... rad fins, if it don't leak and tubes are intact, can be straightened with careful use of a screwdriver... you don't want to be riding around with half your rad fins closed over...thatll ruin your cooling capability...

The plastic is not bent. When you crashed you more than likely bent the mounting tabs for the plastic or the radiator itself. Straighten the mounts and the platic will go back to the original shape. Pretty common on any bike with radiators. You probably wont be able to get it perfect unless you send it out to have it straightened but you might be able to get it "good enough"

can i ride it the way it is in the mean time

depends... see my previous post below... if it aint leaking or the rad fins aren't wrecked you should be fine just watch temp... my bike currently has a few rows that are "V'd" a little but still functional... with out a close pic of the actual radiator, I don't think anyone can say a legit yes or no... my opinion of course...

well it would be my opinion that if you laid it down and the plastic is bent I would have a few concerns... 1st, if its only the plastic you should be fine, fix it with careful use of a heat gun for cosmetic preference... 2. a guy I used to know 'laid my bike down' and crushed the right side of the radiator itself... I would look at the mounts, if they're bent it'll warp the plastic... easy way to see this is take the plastic fins off and see how the bolt holes line up without flexing the plastic...and then theres the radiator fins themselves to determine the severity... rad fins, if it don't leak and tubes are intact, can be straightened with careful use of a screwdriver... you don't want to be riding around with half your rad fins closed over...thatll ruin your cooling capability...